Dr. Ramesh Govindan is the Northrop Grumman Chair in Engineering and Professor of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering at the University of Southern California. Dr. Govindan received the B.Tech degree from the Indian Institute of Technology at Madras, and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of California at Berkeley. Prior to joining USC he was a member of the technical staff at Bell Communications Research, and a project leader at USC’s Information Sciences Institute and at the International Computer Science Institute at Berkeley.
Dr. Govindan’s research has focused on scalable and robust routing infrastructures in large networks such as the Internet, on the structural properties of the Internet, and on the architectures and programming systems for wireless and mobile networks. He is a Fellow of the ACM and of the IEEE, a former Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, and a Distinguished Alumnus of the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
A complete list of publications can be found here.
- Bin Liu, Ramesh Govindan, Brian Uzzi, Do Emotions Expressed Online Correlate with Actual Changes in Decision-Making?: The Case of Stock Day Traders , PLoSONE, January 2016. [PDF]
- Yitao Hu, Xiaochen Liu, Suman Nath, Ramesh Govindan, ALPS: Accurate Landmark Positioning at City Scales, the 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp 2016), September 2016. [PDF]
- Masoud Moshref, Minlan Yu, Ramesh Govindan, Amin Vahdat, Trumpet: Timely and Precise Triggers in Data Centers, Proceedings of the ACM Conference of the Special Interest Group on Data Communication (SIGCOMM ’16), August 2016. [PDF]
- Tobias Flach, Pavlos Papageorge, Andreas Terzis, Luis Pedrosa, Yuchung Cheng, Tayeb Karim, Ethan Katz-Bassett, Ramesh Govindan, An Internet-Wide Analysis of Traffic Policing, Proceedings of the ACM Conference of the Special Interest Group on Data Communication (SIGCOMM ’16), August 2016. [PDF]
- Ramesh Govindan, Ina Minei, Mahesh Kallahalla, Bikash Koley, Amin Vahdat, Evolve or Die: High-Availability Design Principles Drawn from Google’s Network Infrastructure, Proceedings of the ACM Conference of the Special Interest Group on Data Communication (SIGCOMM ’16), August 2016. [PDF]
- Yurong Jiang, Lenin Ravindranath, Suman Nath, Ramesh Govindan, WebPerf: Evaluating “What-If” Scenarios for Cloud-hosted Web Applications, Proceedings of the ACM Conference of the Special Interest Group on Data Communication (SIGCOMM ’16), August 2016. [PDF]
- Zahaib Akhtar, Alefiya Hussain, Ethan Katz-Bassett, Ramesh Govindan, DBit: Assessing Statistically Significant Differences in CDN Performance, Workshop on Traffic Monitoring and Analysis (TMA), April 2016.
- Xing Xu, Zahaib Akhtar, Ramesh Govindan, Wyatt Lloyd, Antonio Ortega, Context adaptive thresholding and entropy coding for very low complexity JPEG transcoding, 2016 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), March 2016. [PDF]
- Kyriakos Zarifis, Mark Holland, Manish Jain, Ethan Katz-Bassett, Ramesh Govindan, Modeling HTTP/2 Speed from HTTP/1 Traces, Passive and Active Measurement Conference (PAM ’16), March 2016. [PDF]
- Masoud Moshref, Minlan Yu, Ramesh Govindan, Amin Vahdat, SCREAM: Sketch Resource Allocation for Software-defined Measurement, ACM International Conference on emerging Networking EXperiments and Technologies (CoNEXT), December 2015.
University of Southern California,
Department of Computer Science
941 Bloom Walk, SAL 212, MC 0781,
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0781
Phone: +1 213 740-4509
Office Hours for Fall 2017: Tue/Thu 5:30-6:30pm